Such as a person may conduct extensive research and visit multiple locations before purchasing a home, selecting the right treatment center for addiction recovery can be a tedious process. If you’ve recently begun your search, you may feel tempted to select the treatment center that is closest to you or seems to be the most affordable option – however, it’s important to consider the quality of treatment that you will be receiving, as this is what will serve as a foundation for your recovery. When searching for the right place, there are many barriers you may run into – but don’t give up. The right treatment center will give you a peace of mind, will provide you with comfort and guidance, and will customize your program to suit your recovery needs.
There are several challenges you may run into throughout your search:
- Do you meet the treatment center’s admission requirements?
- Does the treatment center have openings for you, or must you be placed on a waiting list?
- Does this center provide plentiful insurance options?
- Do you feel comfortable with the healthcare team at this treatment center?
- Will this treatment center be able to offer support for a dual diagnosis (a comorbid disorder in which you experience one or more addictions or mental illnesses at the same time)?
- Does the treatment center provide a variety of activities for you to become engaged in?
- Is the general location of the center relaxing with no distractions?
A 2015 study published in the journal Substance Use & Misuse identified several of these key questions as common barriers to individuals seeking treatment for addiction recovery. While you’re searching various treatment centers, bring a notebook and pen to take notes on what you initially liked and didn’t like about the center, how you felt walking into it, how caring you felt the healthcare team was, and more. Especially if you are considering an inpatient or residential program, you want to be sure that you would feel comfortable calling a treatment center “home” for a few weeks to a few months.
Don’t allow yourself to give up searching for the right place. It may take a little time, but the most reputable treatment centers will have experienced staff, a track record of proven success, customizable treatment programs, and more.
Simple Recovery is a world-renowned, California state-licensed substance abuse recovery center. We offer dual diagnosis treatment, so if you are experiencing both substance abuse and symptoms of a mental disorder, call us today at 888-743-0490 so that we can work with you to restore your happiness, health, and well-being. You do not have to continue living this way; there are many people here ready to help you.