Research for the right addiction recovery treatment program can be challenging; with so many factors involved, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what the next step should be. You may have called a few locations and spoken with various representatives, but they all mentioned relatively the same thing with minor variations – are those slight differences that important? What about questions you may have missed? As daunting as searching for the right treatment program may seem, there are several factors you want to avoid relying on in your search:
Selecting a program…
- Because it’s closest to home. Sure, it’s right down the road, but if saving you a long drive is the only benefit it ends up offering you, it’s not worth it.
- Based on its price alone. While you may relish the idea of saving money, it could end up costing you more in the long-run if you have to attend another treatment program because the one you entered couldn’t provide you with what you needed. Do the research and place price as part of your deciding factor based on what you feel your recovery is worth and how much you could get out of the program – not on price alone.
- Without identifying what the program’s central focuses are. Does the treatment center value a more person-centered, customized approach or do they believe that recovery is a “one-size-fits-all”? Not knowing this could place your recovery in jeopardy.
- Quickly and without professional recommendations. It’s always best to get referrals to places through individuals you know, but also to conduct research and see what other professionals are saying about the place you would like to attend.
- Without knowing accreditations and affiliations. Accreditations mean that a treatment center must undergo rigorous evaluation by highly trained inspectors. Ensure your safety by going with a program that is accredited and affiliated with organizations such as the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP).
The program you follow through with is the one that will set the foundation for your recovery. It’s a major decision, which is why it’s important to check off everything on your list that truly matters to you. Place everything into perspective when making your final decision – you want to be part of a program that will provide you with everything you need and more to be on your way towards success and happiness in recovery.
Simple Recovery is a world-renowned, California state-licensed substance abuse recovery center. We offer dual diagnosis treatment, so if you are experiencing both substance abuse and symptoms of a mental disorder, call us today at 888-743-0490 so that we can work with you to restore your happiness, health, and well-being. You do not have to continue living this way; there are many people here ready to help you.