There are many drugs that provide extreme and dangerous consequences to users, but that doesn’t stop people from abusing them. Medical Daily has noted that heroin, cocaine, morphine, hydrocodone and methadone are just a few of the most dangerous drugs in the United States, but when it comes to worldwide use, these drugs are just a few of the deadliest consumed. The following are drugs used throughout the world that are incredibly dangerous and are outside of what we are familiar with:
- Scopolamine. Otherwise known as “The Devil’s Breath”, scopolamine comes from a tree common in South America. It is odorless and tasteless, and can be blown in someone’s face, within minutes they are experiencing the effects. This drug causes someone to lose their inhibitions, self-control, and memory during the period they are affected.
- Krokodil. This drug is a cheap alternative to heroin and is “one of the deadliest drugs to sweep through Russia”. Ingredients of this drug include household ingredients hydrochloric acid, paint thinner, and red phosphorous, which can be scraped from the side of match boxes.
- Whoonga. Widely available in South Africa, it is a combination of drugs used to treat HIV and contains detergents and poisons. Independent Magazine, a website bringing news to the UK, claims that whoonga is popular due to the perceived cheap price compared to antiretroviral. Damaging effects of this drug include stomach ulcers, internal bleeding, and death.
- AH-7921. A synthetic opioid, this drug is said to have 80% of the potency of morphine, and is highly dangerous, with side effects including respiratory arrest and gangrene, a condition in which the body tissue dies.
- Flakka. A stimulant like the chemical-makeup of the amphetamine-like drug found in bath salts, Flakka was originally marketed as a drug like ecstasy, but it is noted that the effects are completely different. A person who consumes this will experience elevated heart rate, enhanced emotions, and strong hallucinations if a lot is ingested. This drug can cause permanent psychological damage and heart failure.
Drugs can cause severe mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical problems in a person. If you have a drug addiction, seek help immediately to begin taking back control over your life.
Simple Recovery is a world-renowned addiction recovery treatment center that will work with you to develop a treatment plan centered on your needs. We believe in restoring your mind, body, and spirit to optimal recovery. To learn more of how we can best suit your needs, call us for a consultation at 888-743-0490 today.