Mindfulness practice helps individuals develop a greater capacity to be aware of their thoughts, feelings and actions in real time. So often our minds run on autopilot and we are left feeling that we are not in control or our own thoughts, leading to greater stress and anxiety. Mindfulness practice aims to slow down this process which enables us to regain focus and a better sense of control over our thoughts.
These types of activities lower the levels of the stress hormone cortisol in your bloodstream
Benefits of Mindfulness Practice
- Ability to be present
- Develop the ability to experience unpleasant emotions safely.
- Increased compassion for self and others
- Development of interconnectivity to others
- Increased self-acceptance.
- Increased awareness
- Separation of self from thoughts
- Increased self-awareness.
- Emotional regulation
- Stress management
- Anxiety relief
- Mood enhancement, most notably peace and calmness.