Recovery is more than simply treating an addiction or mental illness – recovery is about restoring your mind, body, and spirit – everything that you are comprised of as a human being. Taking a holistic approach to recovery means addressing these three crucial aspects; when selecting a treatment center, you want to ensure they take a holistic approach so that you are being fully taken care of. A 2015 research review conducted by researchers from the U.S. and the UK emphasize that holistic treatment can promote pleasure, can help a person realize their potential, can promote a positive sense of self, purpose, and growth, can provide a mental balance, and can encourage social well-being. By taking a part in holistic practices, you are investing in yourself – the most important part of your addiction or mental illness recovery.
If you’re currently looking for a reputable treatment center, here are some excellent holistic activities that you want to ensure they provide:
- Meditation – previous studies have shown that meditation can increase your happiness, reduce stress, slow aging, and much more. Meditation works by helping ground you – by focusing on the breath, you slow your mind and body down so that you can truly live and appreciate the moment as it is.
- Yoga – yoga has been shown to increase strength, flexibility, and balance while reducing stress and anxiety. With so many types of yoga available, you can go with what works best for you – some treatment centers even offer 12-Step Yoga, a program specifically for those recovering from substance abuse.
- Acupuncture – the Scientific American highlights several studies that have evidenced acupuncture in treating mental illnesses like depression; by stimulating certain anatomic sites, or acupoints, with small, sterile needles, a person’s body can begin to self-heal.
- Herbal Therapy – herbs such as echinacea, garlic, ginger, ginseng, lavender, chamomile and more are used in teas, vitamins, and natural supplements for therapeutic purposes. The effects can be calming and may treat a variety of concerns, such as anxiety, insomnia, stress relief, indigestion, memory problems and more.
- Biofeedback – with this, you can learn to control or regulate some of your body’s processing in order to reduce issues such as migraines, high blood pressure, chronic pain, incontinence, and more.
Simple Recovery is an action-oriented treatment center, inspiring clients to fully integrate the skills of recovery into their daily lives. Our success based tiered program allows clients to grow at their own pace and effortlessly transition into school, work, and other life plans. Call us today for information: 888-743-0490